Monday, November 8, 2010

30 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 6, 7, and 8

This weekend was busy with family visiting from out of town, so that's why I'm a little behind. And that's exactly what I'm thankful for, too. My dad and Deb flew in from Montana Friday morning and spent the weekend with us. They were finally able to meet Samuel. Saturday, all of us went up to the Fall Festival at Shinzen Gardens (the Japanese garden in Woodward Park). I'm thankful for the beautiful fall weather we had. The rain held off just long enough for us to enjoy the park, the beautiful fall colors, and listen to the music. It really was a great chance for our family to get out.

I'm also thankful for the great quality time we got to spend with Dad and Deb. They really had some great chances to bond with all the kids. The greatest thing was how sweet and taken Eli was to his Grandpa. Saturday night, Eli was really cuddling and just chatting up a storm with him. It was really fun to watch Eli interact with someone so intimately. I'm so glad they were able to come for the weekend!

Today I'm thankful for our home. Although many people see it as small, I love it's size. I love the fact that it forces us to live simply. We don't have a ton of room to store things, so we live without. It makes us live inside our means and not get stuck on material stuff. I'm thankful that we have been blessed with a roof over our heads that we love and live comfortably in.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, it's Erin Michel. I think it is wonderful to be grateful for a small home! Your family is so blessed because of your lifestyle.

I was talking to a co-worker recently about home size, and she told me that she heard a marriage and family therapist once say that if you want a close family, then live close! How simple and beautiful!