Monday, November 1, 2010

30 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 1

We all know that we celebrate Thanksgiving in November. It's always a chance to become aware of your blessings and acknowledge what God has done in our lives. I've decided for each day in November, I'm going to name one thing that I am thankful for.

November 1, 2010: I'm thankful for my first born, Paige. Her birthday falls on the first, so it's only fitting I'm thankful for her on her 1/4 birthday. Paige is an extraordinary girl. She's smart. She's witty. But best of all, she's easy-going. These past 2 years have not been easy for any of us, and she's been a champion of rolling with the punches. I'll never forget her often asked question when Eli was in the hospital. She'd often wake up in the morning and ask, "Where's we go today?" She was so used to going somewhere in the afternoons so we could go visit Eli. She never grew tired of being in different places everyday. And now that we are shut-ins, she never grows tired of being home. She loves both her brothers and is an amazing second mommy. God is doing great things in her heart, and she's told me she wants to be a doctor when she grows up. The way she cares for her brothers, I know she'd be great at it!

Lord, thank you for blessing us with Paige. She is tender, intelligent, and perfect for our family. Your work in her never ceases to amaze me.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww..she is so beautiful!! what a great picture! i love that you are going to post what you are thankful for! can't wait to be thankful with you! ~Amy Jackson