Monday, May 11, 2009

False alarm: No surgery today

Just to keep everyone updated, there was no surgery today. Eli went down to holding, and we met with the anesthesiologist first. There had been confusion on the timeline for when Eli was deemed far enough beyond his cold to be ready for general anesthesia. All we've heard this whole time was "4 weeks." The question was whether 4 weeks started at diagnosis, being clear of the virus, or being clear of all symptoms of the cold. The anesthesiologist confirmed today that it was 4 weeks from being totally clear of all symptoms. That was only in the last couple of weeks.

The surgery is on hold until Eli is fully ready. We expect 1-2 weeks from now.

We continue to thank you for supporting us and praying with and for us.


Tamara B said...

Happy mother's day dear friend!

The Holz Family said...

Thanks for your message; I'm sorry it has taken me some time to respond. We follow your blog regularly & are praying for Eli. We will soon be sharing a common adventure. Hope you had a nice Mother's Day!