Monday, November 10, 2008

An old friend, redisovered

I got a Dirt Devil Broom Vac for Christmas last year and used it quite often then. It works great for quick sweeps of dirt, dog hair and dropped food from a toddler's lunch. For whatever reason, I stopped using it.

Thankfully I have rediscovered a new treasure in my house. Lately I have been having to sweep my kitchen daily. We are re-landscaping the backyard, so a LOT of dirt is being tracked in. Shelby, our large dog, has been sleeping in the kitchen at night because it's beginning to get cold again. Paige is now sitting in a booster chair instead of a highchair and tends to drop a lot of food.

All this dirt, dog hair, and food makes me sweep constantly. Or at least it feels like it. I'm at the point in my pregnancy that I don't bend so easily to pick things up, so that makes sweeping all that much more of a chore for me. Today, I busted out the Broom Vac again, and don't see myself going back to the broom for quick sweeps.

It really does a good job getting the small and larger stuff. It may take a little longer for it to actually suck up some food or larger items, but it's worth it to me! I don't have to bend over anymore! :) Now I only have to use the broom for more serious cleaning. The Broom Vac fills the void between those times, though.

1 comments:

michele cabiness said...

I thibnk I need one of those!!